Technological innovation from HB Natural Ingredients offers enhanced sugar-like taste
HB Natural Ingredients has received a “Letter of No Objection” for Vitosa® stevia sweeteners from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The letter confirms that the FDA has “no questions” regarding the self-affirmed GRAS status (generally recognized as safe) of Vitosa® for use as a sweetener in food and beverage products.
Vitosa® stevia sweeteners offer a more cost-effective sweetener solution that enables a 100% sugar reduction in various food and beverage products. Vitosa® works well in carbonated soft drinks, juices, energy and sports drinks, flavored water, dairy products, cookies, candies and many more product applications. The result of patent-pending technological innovation, Vitosa® stevia sweeteners are manufactured by natural ingredients producer HB Natural Ingredients, a subsidiary of BGG World.
Vitosa® stevia sweeteners produce a better, more rounded sweetness and taste. Sensory testing demonstrates that Vitosa® delivers the high overall sugar-like taste performance that consumers desire. “Our Vitosa® stevia sweeteners are excellent high intensity sweeteners with a powerful dual benefit: the capability to deliver deep sugar reduction and maintain sugar-like taste with no bitterness,” explained Dr. Varuzhan Abelyan, Chairman and Chief of Science & Technology.
Vitosa® is available in three different variants, having distinctive characteristics:
- Vitosa® Delight provides a sweetness onset similar to sucrose
- Vitosa® Active lacks bitterness even at high sugar equivalent use levels
- Vitosa® Match provides a reduced sweet aftertaste and a lingering sweetness perception
Vitosa® stevia sweeteners provide new opportunities for food and beverage manufacturers with:
- Sugar-like Taste
- Freely Soluble in Water, Propylene Glycol and Aqueous Ethanol Solutions
- High Temperature and pH Stability in Food and Beverage Applications
- Excellent Storage Stability
- Zero Calorie Formulation with Great Taste
- 100% Sugar Reduction