As the global population ages, there is interest from consumers in increasing health span—the length of life free from serious ailments. Diet, exercise and a positive mindset all contribute, but so does the power of natural ingredients to support the function of the joints, heart, mind and body.
According to the United Nations, the global population aged 65 and over is growing faster than all other age groups, and according to data from their 2019 revision of the World Population Prospects, by 2050, one in six people in the world will be aged 65 or over.
The World Bank and OECD data suggests that the global average life expectancy today is 73, seven years more than that of 20 years ago at 66. But living for longer doesn’t necessarily mean living healthier. More elderly people now are living with multiple chronic diseases including diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, along with other conditions related to an increase in age such as, hearing loss, dementia, arthritis and osteoporosis. Elderly people also have a higher risk of falling over due to mobility issues, causing further harm.
In recent years there has been a large shift in consumer behaviour towards ‘prevention’ rather than ‘treatment’. This emphasis on preventative and age-inclusive solutions will drive new commercial opportunities as well as the chance to contribute to the solution of a global health crisis. The Healthy Ageing Community provides a platform for the community to connect, get inspired, and discuss the latest innovation with leading experts in this category.
Health & happiness: a holistic approach to healthy ageing
Monday 7th September
This session will highlight the latest market trends shaping the healthy ageing market, with major themes of holistic wellbeing, ingredient functionality and personalisation driving innovation.
Join this session to learn more about how consumers are increasingly looking for solutions to live their life to the fullest while maintaining a high level of health and wellness, regardless of their age.
Speaker: Myrthe de Beukelaar, Market Analyst, Innova Market Insights
Healthy Ageing in 2020: The microbiota, natural compounds, and vitagenes
Wednesday 9th September
Explore the current healthy ageing scientific landscape, looking specifically at weight management, the gut microbiota, vitagenes, and the relationship between the microbiota-brain-gut axis and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Explore the current healthy ageing scientific landscape, looking specifically at weight management, the gut microbiota and vitagenes
- Gain an understanding of the role of natural compounds in upregulating vitagenes and improving burdened liver metabolism
- Establish the relationship between the microbiota-brain-gut axis and neurodegenerative diseases
Speaker: Prof. Francesco Marotta, Managing Director, ReGenera R&D International for Ageing Intervention
ON DEMAND WEBINARS
Maintaining freedom of movement during ageing with MITIDOL®
In this webinar, you’ll meet MITIDOL®–an amazing duo of ginger and the made-in-Italy acmella. The food-grade formulation effectively counterbalances aches and inflammation through modulation of the endocannabinoid system, as demonstrated in human studies.
Attend this webinar to:
- Discover the amazing botanical duo of ginger and acmella extracts, smartly combined in the unique food-grade branded ingredient MITIDOL®.
- Explore the Indena made-in-Italy acmella plantations virtually.
- Understand how MITIDOL® is an innovative botanical ingredient proven to modulate some major pathways of the endocannabinoid system.
- Learn how MITIDOL® is an effective way to support healthy aging, able to uphold physical and social life thanks to ache relief and maintenance of healthy inflammatory response.
Speaker: Elisabetta Frattini, Senior Research Scientist, Indena
With Pep2Dia®, type-2 diabetes prevention becomes a reality!
Blood sugar support is a growing segment in the dietary supplement market. A new preclinical study supporting healthy ageing assessed impacts of Pep2Dia®, a new bioactive ingredient, on biological parameters related to post-meal blood sugar levels.
When you attend this webinar, you will learn about:
- How Pep2Dia®, a unique bioactive, supports regulation of blood sugar levels.
- The Pep2Dia®’mechanism of action.
- Latest scientific data supporting these benefits.
- Information about the blood sugar management market and product trends.
Audrey Boulier, Scientific and Innovation Manager – Bioactives and Nutrition, Ingredia
Cécile Da Cunha, Senior Product Manager, Ingredia
New science: the latest research into the efficacy of native type II collagen b-2Cool for joint health
Join Bioiberica’s webinar to discover the latest scientific research exploring the role of native type II collagen in joint health solutions.
Bioiberica’s collagen experts will help you discover the latest scientific research on the efficacy of native (undenatured) type II collagen. Referencing Bioiberica’s b-2cool®, they’ll explore its efficacy in combined ingredient solutions, as well as a standalone ingredient, and how it can help meet the latest consumer preferences for joint health solutions.
In addition, they’ll review the opportunities presented by the growing collagen market, the science behind native type II collagen and how it works in the body – compared to other types of collagen – to effectively support joint health.
Mónica Gómez Navarro, Strategic Marketing / Product Manager, Bioiberica
Daniel Martinez Puig, Head of R&D Human and Animal Health, Bioiberica
Vitamin K2: The key to securing general health
Learn how newly understood benefits of Vitamin K2 can deliver long-term health benefits to bone and heart health, for all ages, and how decades of clinical research have proven efficacy and safety, creating opportunities for wider population use. Attending this webinar will:
- Provide a clear understanding of product opportunities and added value for including Vitamin K2 in formulations.
- Examine clinical evidence confirming how Vitamin K2 simultaneously supports bone and heart health.
- Overview promising research confirming how the Vitamin K2 mechanism impacts other systems, creating added product opportunities.
- Clarify why all Vitamin K2 ingredients are not the same – learn the essential considerations for selecting the right
- Vitamin K2 supplier/ingredient for your brand.
- Explain how companies can more effectively market product formulations that feature MenaQ7 Vitamin K2.
Speaker: Eric Anderson, Senior Vice President Global Marketing and Business Development,NATTOPHARMA
Moving with the times™: a new generation joint health solution for today’s consumer
Address increased global demand for bone & joint health solutions with groundbreaking insights into the changing consumer landscape and science behind Lonza’s UC-II® undenatured type II collagen ingredient.
When you attend this webinar you will:
- Gain insights into the changing consumer landscape, including the expectations of both aging and active consumers and rising demand for joint health solutions.
- Learn more about the science behind Lonza’s UC-II® undenatured type II collagen ingredient, including its unique mode of action, and discover how it can meet the needs of a new and growing consumer base.
- Get a first look at Lonza’s new generation of ready-to-market innovative dosage forms and formulations that address mobility concerns related to healthy aging.
Speaker: Joris Dewit, Director, Business Development & Project Mgmt, LONZA CAPSUGEL
From existing bioavailable turmeric formulations to the first bioequivalent natural turmeric solution in the world; discover TurmiPure Gold
Touted for its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is the go-to botanical for healthy ageing. In this webinar, learn about the world’s first bioequivalent turmeric, Naturex’s TurmiPure GOLD®, at a low dose of 300mg.
- Bioequivalence at a low dose to high doses of turmeric markets standards was proven for the first time in the recent most exhaustive turmeric comparative clinical pharmacokinetic study.
- New data from a clinical safety study on turmeric over 60 clinical, gastrointestinal tolerance, blood hematological, biochemical parameters and urinary endpoints confirm great tolerance and safety of high dose of TurmiPure Gold, up to 1g/day.
- Pitfalls and lessons for the future about bioavailability of curcuminoids (dose dependence, piperine real efficacy, metabolites quantification, free curcumin vs other metabolites).
Speaker: Alexis Manfre, Global Product Manager, NATUREX part of Givaudan