Today AMRI announced the completion of the acquisition of Prime European Therapeuticals S.p.A. (“Euticals”). The combination of AMRI and Euticals creates one of the largest independent developers and suppliers of API and contract manufacturing services. Together, we will be able to offer you a broader suite of capabilities and products across the drug discovery, development and manufacturing spectrum.
This acquisition significantly enhances AMRI’s global footprint. The addition of Euticals’ deep roots and established infrastructure in Europe complements our existing operations in the U.S., UK, Spain, Malta, India, and Singapore. Together, we will extend our innovative products and services into new markets, bringing the offerings you demand even closer to you.
With this combination, AMRI will now have a greatly expanded portfolio of market-leading APIs and world-class capabilities in niche and high barrier to entry technologies. Specifically, we will now be able to provide customers with:
- An extensive API portfolio, including over 85 filed U.S. DMFs and 17 granted EU COS/CEPs
- Sterile and high potency API, steroids, monobactams, boronic acids and controlled substances
- U.S. and European-based chemical development expertise for your early stage compounds
- U.S. and European-based custom synthesis and contract manufacturing expertise
- Extensive technology expertise in specialty areas such as hydrogenation, fermentation, photocatalytic chemistry, bio transformation, industrial chromatography, flow chemistry and spray drying
- A broad spectrum of analytical research and testing services, including solid state chemistry and container closure integrity testing
- Additional opportunity to vertically integrate customer projects with our Discovery Services and Drug Product businesses.
AMRI’s and Euticals’ senior management have spent a great deal of time determining how best to integrate our considerable resources to maximize value for our customers. We look forward to drawing from the combined company’s deep bench of talented leaders to ensure our businesses remain best-in-the-industry. Going forward, our single highest priority will be working together to make this transition as seamless as possible for you.
With ever-more challenging disease states to address, as well as changing trends in our industry, there has never been a greater time to partner with AMRI to discover tomorrow’s pharmaceutical solutions. We look forward to sharing more information with you about the “new” AMRI that results from this combination. In the interim, it will be business as usual for both companies. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to either of us or to your respective account representative.