Initially the Clinical Testing
After launching four years ago, the first technological platform dedicated to clinical testing methods and laboratories, Skinobs.com is launching a new platform dedicated to preclinical testing. The first platform allows cosmeticians to identify relevant methods to support their claims for their active ingredients, finished products or medical devices including: tolerance tests, consumer tests, sensory analyses, efficacy tests on skin, hair or nails.
In 2019, 1,700 users from 58 countries have consulted it, for more than 7 minutes on average, viewing more than 19,000 pages. The success of this unique tool has been built on a collaborative relationship with industry players offering a global view of testing to cosmeticians with more than 300 methods and more than 90 laboratories referenced worldwide.
A 360° Panorama of the Preclinical Expertise
The new “preclinical” platform is, like the 1st one, a tool accessible free of charge and without business commission. In 2 clicks, each user can choose by:
• Test category: Analytical tests, Content-contenair interaction, Ecotoxicity and Biodegradability tests, Safety tests, UV tests, efficacy tests…
• Claim: anti-ageing, anti-pollution…
• Test support: cell cultures, 3D skin models… the various tests corresponding to his objectivation project and directly contact each test provider. A keyword search also simplifies the search.
It has been never been easier to identify the tests needed for your projects, thanks to the links Skinobs has made between methods and product claims, mechanisms of action and test solutions.
Special mention for efficacy tests
The cosmeticians find the laboratory that meets their test criteria based on:
• Mechanisms of action: Acne, Adipocytes, Anti-Aging, Bioavailability, Skin Renewal, Free Radicals and Oxidation, Hydration, Inflammation, Biomechanical Integrity, Microbiota, Pigmentation, Pollution, Barrier Function, Regeneration…
• Analysis of 80 biomarkers: cytokeratin, collagen, Metallopeptidases-proteases, interleukins, hyaluronic acid, integrins, Interleukins…
• Quantitative and/or visual analysis methods: gene expression, histology (morphology and imaging), protein and metabolic analysis…
• Choice of 3 levels of custom testing: custom protocol, 100% R&D studies and non-targeted “omics” tests
To become comprehensive, the referencing of CROs is continuous to bring together, gradually, all the global partners specialised in the preclinical evaluation of active and finished products on the skin, sebaceous glands and hair.
The business model?
The platform is free for users, invited to open an account. Independent and comprehensive, test laboratories and instrumentation manufacturers are referenced free of charge and their information is available in the results list for each of their tests, in the directory, the corporate sheet and the world map. There is no commission on transactions or contacts. In addition, the referenced
companies have the opportunity to become partners of the platforms, with a premium paid referencing that highlights the company and its services. It is these partners who truly offer free access to cosmeticians.
Today Skinobs.com is also a newsfeed dedicated to technological innovations and market information of the sector and the possibility to contact us directly for any specific issue about testing. It’s so easy to save time!