A.I.S.E. Pan-European Consumer Habits Survey 2017 Perceptions of cleanliness and hygiene – cleaning habits, sustainability and safety
Every 3 years since 2008, A.I.S.E. (the International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products) has commissioned a pan-European survey on consumers’ habits and perceptions. The objective of this exercise is to find out about consumers’ perceptions vis-à-vis the cleaning and hygiene industry, as well as to monitor washing habits and their evolution in the domains of laundry and dishwashing practices.
Key findings from 2017 research:
- A broad recognition that cleanliness and hygiene in and outside the home is key and as important for consumers as being in good health
- A relatively stable situation with regard to laundry/dish cleaning habits compared to 2014
- Opportunities for further progress in consumer habits notably with regard to dosage, sustainable consumption and safe storage
- A stable situation concerning the perception of product safety, but a slight decline in people’s interest to read on pack information compared to 2008
- Relative stability in trends regarding sustainability and laundry/cleaning products versus three years ago.
To read the article, click here
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
With a marketing and communication background, Valérie Séjourné started her career with Unilever in the UK in 1994. After a couple of years with the French Energy and Environment Agency as Communications Manager, she joined A.I.S.E. (the International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance ... ...... ...