BPR impact on SMEs How to approach a so complex EU Regulation by SMEs
As already mentioned in the previous paper, BPR aimed to harmonized the Biocidal Product Authorization procedure in the EU area going far beyond national procedure of each Member States where in place. Main new topics of BPR can be summarized as follows:
- Art 95 listing of active substance manufacturers/providers.
- Family approach replaces the old approach of the frame formulation.
- Union centralized procedure.
- “in situ” biocides authorization
- Same biocidal product authorization criteria.
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are spread over the whole EU area but they are particularly concentrated in south countries such as Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece where different biocidal products are used other than in north EU.
In some of these countries, national procedures already exist since the ‘90s; hence the harmonization with the European system now requested by the BPR is not easy and of immediate application. BPR includes the general criteria for the authorization of biocidal products and active substances. These last, once revised by the Comp ...