PANEL DISCUSSION ON SUN CARE
Experts were invited to discuss trends and relevant aspects of Sun Care. Some topics of the panel discussion are highlighted and commented by Uli Osterwalder, Sun Protection Facilitator GmbH.
SUN PROTECTION CHALLENGES
TOPICS OF THE DISCUSSION
Here some of the questions that had been asked to the panel:
- Does the public understand the claims on sunscreen products? Is the SPF (sun protection factor) the only (or most important) performance parameter for a sunscreen product?
- Are sunscreen filters absorbed by the skin? Does this pose a health risk?
- Do sunscreen filters pose a hazard to the environment?
- Is there an ideal sunscreen product? or What is an ideal sunscreen product? Does it make sense to protect from Blue Light, Visible Light or Infrared Light? Does topical sun protection impair the vitamin D production in the skin?
- Compliance with sunscreen measures: The importance of the sensory properties of sun protection products. What fears does the public have in connection with sun protect ... ...