What’s new about BPR?
BPR Regulation is a very complex piece of legislation which still imposes new challenges to companies (manufacturers of active substances as well as manufacturers of finished commercial products). In this short paper we illustrate the latest crucial updates.
ASSESSING ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING PROPERTIES
In order to be considered having endocrine disrupting properties, a substance has to meet the following criteria simultaneously:
- Have an endocrine mode of action
- Interfere with the endocrine system
- Cause an adverse effect
- The process of evaluating ED properties of a biocide active substance can happen at different regulatory stages:
- during regular active substance approval process
- during regular renewal process or / and triggering an earlier review (according to Article 15 of the BPR)